- All Superinterfaces:
- Conversion, CoordinateOperation, IdentifiedObject, Operation, SingleOperation
- All Known Subinterfaces:
- ConicProjection, CylindricalProjection, PlanarProjection
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- DefaultConicProjection, DefaultCylindricalProjection, DefaultPlanarProjection, DefaultProjection
public interface Projection
- extends Conversion
A conversion transforming
(longitude,latitude) coordinates to cartesian coordinates
(x,y). Although some map projections can be represented as a
geometric process, in general a map projection is a set of formulae that converts geodetic
latitude and longitude to plane (map) coordinates. Height plays no role in this process,
which is entirely two-dimensional. The same map projection can be applied to many
geographic CRSs, resulting in many
projected CRSs each of which is related
to the same geodetic datum as the
geographic CRS on which it was based.
An unofficial list of projections and their parameters can
be found there.
Most projections expect the following parameters:
"central_meridian" (default to 0),
"latitude_of_origin" (default to 0),
"scale_factor" (default to 1),
"false_easting" (default to 0) and
"false_northing" (default to 0).
- GeoAPI 1.0
- Martin Desruisseaux (IRD)
- See Also:
Map projections on MathWorld
Copyright © 1996-2013 Geotools. All Rights Reserved.